Friday, May 20, 2011

Dadelions

I think the flower companies decided that dandelions were a weed instead of a flower just because they can grow anywhere, they look pretty good, and they are free…just think of what that would have done to their business if they were officially called a flower.

Truth be told, if you squint just a tad when looking at a field of dandelions, can you really tell them apart from daisies?  I think not.  Plus they are self-propagating, require next to zero water, grow in even the worst possible conditions, and in a pinch you can even make wine out of them.

Of course society has taught us they are weeds, and my neighbors probably would be rather upset with me if I didn't spray for them or control them... so I guess I'm stuck.  Life is so unfair... if you're a dandelion that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment